Thursday, November 29, 2012

Monalals and Evening Cafe safe: Waheed assures India

Monalals and Evening Cafe are safe, Maldives President Waheed Hassan reassured India today. Speaking to PTI, Waheed said all major Indian investments in Maldives are safe. Following the government of Maldives decision to annul the agreement with infrastructure giant GMR for developing the international airport of Maldives, Waheed said Maldives will continue to safeguard Indian investments and citizens in Maldives.

"Monalals and Evening Cafe are safe. Monalals, a great Indian trade establishment, has been operating in Maldives since the 80s. It is close to my official residence and I will personally check if it is safe," President Waheed said.

"My wife Ilham bought her first sewing machine from Monalals. She even took it to the US when we left Maldives due to the political pressures of the time in 90s," Waheed said.

"Evening Cafe is a few blocks down the road from my residence. Although I no longer go there to have a tandoori chicken with farata, I will guarantee its safety. Indian investors need not worry," Waheed said.

No comments: